[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Stopping Java and ActiveX at the proxy server

Sorry if this is a little off track, but since most networks contain
some kind of web proxy/firewall this maybe of interest.

I know I can stop Java applets coming thru my proxy server by denying
any URL that matches http://*.class

I know I can't stop Javascript at the proxy server if I'm only looking
at the URL (most scripts are embedded within HTML).

I assume the same would occur for M$ ActiveX? Does anyone know how it
works, or even a site that carries it (so I can check-out it out)?

Thanks in advance,
	Gavin.

--
Gavin Longmuir - Internet Applications and Platforms Manager
Information Management and Services Branch